Breathlessly awaiting tonite’s screening of No Impact Man.
Also connecting with fellow Transition pals to think about Re-Skilling activities in the coming year. Some ideas:
- recycled paper made from cotton rags
- books made from the above
- twined bags made from wool or inner bark, Native American style
- pie baking
- drop spinning
- repairing chair seats with cattail rushes
- bread baking
- cheese making
- learning to eat from the pantry
- Corn: dent, flour, green, dried, polenta, etc.
- drumming basics
- making a scarf on a hand loom
- naalbinding rugs, also known as “toothbrush” needle rugs
- glass mosaics
- molasses taffy making and pulling
- herbal first aid kits
- biscuit making
- making laundry soap, general cleaning sprays, and shampoo
- bar soap making
Some of these will take place at the Ypsi Food Co-op and some will probably take place in conjunction with the Ann Arbor Transition Town Wednesday Re-Skilling Evenings. More about the latter as I learn more.
Our website is underway and should be up soon!
Also we’ll be running more films on Sustainability and re-localization at YFC. Stay tuned.